300

I suggested to the gang that we all go "300" watching today. It turned out that I will never regret spending my two hours of my life watching this movie. The CG was stunning and the story line was fascinating (Geessh... how those beefcakes trained their bodie? I would like one too.) Oh, plus there were bloods everywhere, however there were no massive piles of blood to be seen after each battle scenes.

What brought my mind into thoughts was the Spartan’s way of living to fight and to die in combat during a campaign with honor. Their self-discipline and courage in the face of pain and danger had upgraded my horizon in my view towards life. These are the two values that most people lack of nowadays. Take me for example. I’ve always lost my concentration when I am doing a task assigned to me such as programming or studying to watching dramas and web surfing. For the Spartans, if they did not have self-discipline, it might cause them their lives and shame. Besides, many people also afraid to face challenges and obstacles in life. In the movie, the 300 Spartans never retreat even though they had the chance and even though they knew staying there was an express ticket to hell. At the end, they fought till they drew out their last breathe. The moral of the story is “do not give in to fear and move forward” but it is okay to retreat if the outcome will bring deaths.

I almost cried at the end (the tears was rolling inside and I managed to suck them in using all my might) when King Leonidas was about to die when he uttered “my queen, my wife, my love, be strong, goodbye” (at least this was what I heard). He never managed to tell how deep his love was to his wife, he never did because it would show how fragile he was. I think most men feel the same way too. Saying the word “I love you” is as hard as climbing Mountain Everest.

To sum up, this was a superb movie. Oh, and the Oracle was the most eye-soothing object in the movie.

Comments

  1. oracle? you perv! LOL :P

    i think i know why the movie is great. this time you didn't fall asleep. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be true :) I always sleep in the cinema :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:43 AM

    Great fight sequence, brilliant graphics, though I felt it was lacking in soul...still a great flick...7/10

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1st time see ur blog...drop by to say hi... ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe first time? Welcome and thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment